Wednesday, February 25, 2009

In Memory of my Mother

Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Mother
Today is Bitter Sweet! It's my birthday and it's also the day my Mother passed away in 2000.
She was a wonderful woman, wife, mother, grandmother, & example. We all miss her and love her so much. My daughter, Kellie, put this together for me and I wanted to share it in memory of my Mother on this day.

6 comments:

Evie B said...

i love you mommy and i hope your day was great even with the hard memory of grandmas death. LOVE YOU!

Scott and Jess said...

oh! that was beautiful. i sure miss her. my favorite hilarious moment with grandma i shared with the girls in wisconsin, but i'll put it on here too! she was at our home in sandy and she wrote me a little note saying to the effect that the next time i came to visit her that she would teach me how to put on make-up. I was super confused since i was only about fourteen and did not even wear make-up yet! sweet grandma proceeded to tell me that i "needed to blend in my blush." I guess she did not like my cheek color! haha she was right, they are way too red!! she was a wonderful lady and she still is! whenever I feel sad or in the "dumps" i always say to myself, "This too shall pass" and everything seems a little brighter.

Mrs Nancy said...

I forgot that your sweet Mother had graduated to the other side on your birthday! She sure was a sweet lady, and I am so glad that our parents were such good friends!

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday on the 25th!

I also remember that your mom would teach "This too shall pass", and I have used that quote to my own children. I would tell them that Sis. Snow was the one I learned it from, through you!

RaQuelle Willey said...

My favorite memory of Grandma is going with her to one of Rachel's beauty pageants, just the two of us. I also remember her fabulous cooking, faxing letters back and forth, and her famous qoute, "This to Shall Pass." Love you!

Christine Peterson said...

You know I always think of you on the 25th and it's nice to have a reminder that it holds special significance for Grandma Snow. I sure do love her. I am so grateful that I knew that wonderful woman. A funny memory I have is when she told me I had big feet. Hers were tiny so I guess a size 8 seemed huge. I will also always remember the last time a saw her. We were in Provo looking for a wedding dress, which we found. We visited with her and grandpa. A few days later she passed away. I love you lots!

Heather Walker said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday full of great memories of your mother. It reminds me of the fact that Curtis' moms funeral was on his birthday, and he feels that it was a great honor to celebrate the life of his mother on his birthday.